In this course, we will give a section of our Drupal 8 website a boost by building a ReactJS App.
We'll modify an existing Drupal 8 website to prepare it for integration with a decoupled application. This portion of the training provides you with knowledge applicable to a variety of external frameworks: React, Vue, Angular, even Alexa and Google home.
We'll then build and launch a React app from start to finish. We will set it up to display data from our existing Drupal 8 website as well as to create (and POST) data back to our Drupal 8 website.
We don't want to lose many of the benefits that Drupal core and contrib provide us with, so we will only decouple select pages and functionality using the React app we will build.
- Learn to create a React Web App
- Learn to set up Headless Drupal using Drupal 8
- Create a React web app which communicates with a Drupal 8 task management website
- Learn when & why to use decoupled Drupal 8, and why React is a great choice
- (initial set up) Install pre-built Drupal 8 website
- Modify Drupal 8 website to prepare it for headless integration
- Note: Website will not be 'fully' decoupled, will only decouple one content type
- Create React App
- Integrate React App with Drupal 8 website (displaying data)
- Post data to Drupal 8 website from React App
Who Will Gain the Most From This Training?:
- Drupal developers looking to gain experience with Decoupled development
- Developers looking to learn how to use the popular JS Framework, ReactJS
- Note: Must know JS or PHP to participate. Code & Training formatted to be accessible to developers, not exclusively for JS developers.
Register for this training at Drupal Europe below!
This training is an updated version of the most popular training at DrupalCon Nashville 2018. It sold out there, so we encourage you to secure your spot soon! The first 15 people who register will receive a significantly discounted registration price of €250.00 + VAT tax (normally €400.00+). Register using the form below!
- Training date: Monday, September 10 from 9AM to 5PM
- Training location: Drupal Europe in Darmstadt, Germany
In the event that there are not enough attendees for the training to move forward, all purchases will be refunded promptly. In all other cases, tickets are non-refundable, but can be trasferred.