Are you in the position of managing Drupal developers or estimating effort on Drupal development tasks? If so, being able to explain technical hurdles to clients, to communicate with your developers, and to develop an intuitive feel for the complexity of a task, are each critical skills. This course is developed for project managers who want to gain a better understanding of their projects for those reasons and more. We will break down the jargon, walk through a Drupal website build, and do it all at a pace that encourages understanding and retention.
This class is designed for:
Developers matching any one of these:
- People who may or may not have a technical background
- People who hope to speak knowledgeably about Drupal project builds
- Managers who want to better understand their developers' task estimates
- Managers who want to be able to explain Drupal project scope to clients
- People who want to be able to "sell" Drupal's strengths to clients
- Managers who want to better identify potential project pitfalls early on
What You'll Learn
- Understand which technical Drupal tasks are easy, which are difficult, and which are very difficult
- Gain a better grasp of what reasonable time estimates for Drupal development tasks are
- Drupal's selling points for your customers: when is a good fit for projects
- Drupal data types and what they're for
- Considerations when choosing Drupal "contrib" themes and modules
- Newer tools in Drupal which accelerate and simplify development work
- Overview of what goes into making a theme
- Overview of what goes into making a custom module
- Caching, Varnish, CDN, oh my! Understand how and why developers interact with these
- Automated testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery - what do these mean and how important are they, really?
A Better Way To Learn
Previous graduates built debugacademy.com, debugsociety.com, and more live websites!
Our personalized approach to teaching allows us to cater to individual student strengths and interests. Students are part of a real development team working on real projects. You'll even leave with a working portfolio and applied experience on a software project led by a senior developer.
Meet The Instructor(s)
At Debug Academy, we make sure we've got the right people in the room to get you the best education possible. Our instructors are screened, evaluated and skill-tested to ensure a quality learning experience for everyone.
Jack Garratt was a historian and an educator who earned his PHD before switching careers to Drupal development. He enrolled in Debug Academy's career-changing Drupal development course and has gone on to attain both of the Acquia Certified Front End Specialist and Acquia Certified Developer certifications.
Ashraf Abed is a certified Drupal 7 & 8 Grand Master, and a former Technical Architect at Acquia. He is involved in numerous enterprise development projects and has been fortunate enough to experience working as the lead developer on websites like Whitehouse.Gov and other prominent Drupal websites. Teaching is his passion.
Sign up now!
Take the next step in your career by joining other like-minded individuals in participating in this class.