Let's be honest: sometimes there are 4 ways to do anything in Drupal, and 3 of them are best practices depending on circumstances. Pick the wrong path and you might still build a functional website.. for now. 6 months later you may find that architectural decisions are coming back to hurt you - your site may have slowed down, crashed, feel like it is held together with duct tape, or become hard to refactor.
Our 5-part "Become a Drupal Architect" series is designed to take the intermediate module developer to the next level. We want you to think higher level than code - it's time to think like an architect. This course includes all 5 classes that are in the "Become a Drupal Architect" series, and by signing up for the entire series you automatically receive a total of 20% off!
Who is this for?
- Entry to mid-level Drupal developers looking to make better long-term architectural decisions
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable building Drupal 8+ websites
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable with PHP
- Drupal developers who are already fairly comfortable with Object Oriented programming
What You'll Learn
This course includes all 5 classes that are part of the "Become a Drupal Architect" series.
Below is a list of the included classes.
- Part 1: Performance & Scalability
- Learn how to work with the different layers of caching and how to properly use browser cookies
- Explore options for processing thousands of items at once without taking your site down
- Part 2: Writing Maintainable, Long-lasting Code
- Write forward thinking code that minimizes technical debt and gets the most out of OOP
- Part 3: Data & Information Architecture
- Learn how to choose between entity types, including when it's best to use custom entity types and custom base fields
- Part 4: Theming & Frontend Development
- Understand the ins and outs of Twig, render arrays, and hooks to write maintainable code
- Part 5: Automation - Quality assurance
- Learn to write code that is testable and understand unit, functional, and visual regression testing with Drupal
To sign up for an individual class, please visit that day's course page via our course list page.
To automatically receive a 20% discount, sign up for the series bundle (all 5 classes) using the form at the bottom of this page.
Pick Your Session
Sign up for the session that best fits your schedule!
Alternatively, you may schedule a group training for your team, or select TBD to be notified of new course dates as they get scheduled.
A Better Way To Learn
Previous graduates built debugacademy.com, debugsociety.com, and more live websites!
Our personalized approach to teaching allows us to cater to individual student strengths and interests. Students are part of a real development team working on real projects. You'll even leave with a working portfolio and applied experience on a software project led by a senior developer.
Meet Your Instructor
At Debug Academy, we make sure we've got the right to give you the best education possible. Our instructors are renowned experts who lead with empathy to ensure a quality learning experience for everyone.
Ashraf Abed is a certified Drupal 7 & 8 Triple Certified Expert, and a former Technical Architect at Acquia. He is involved in numerous enterprise development projects and has been fortunate enough to experience working as the lead developer on websites like Whitehouse.Gov and other prominent Drupal websites. Teaching is his passion.
Take the Next Step!
Let us know that you're interested in this course. We'll reach out to you and other interested individuals with more information!