$300Payment plans available
Let's be honest: sometimes there are 4 ways to do anything in Drupal, and 3 of them are best practices depending on circumstances. Pick the wrong path and you might still build a functional website.. for now. 6 months later you may find that architectural decisions are coming back to hurt you - your site may have slowed down, crashed, feel like it is held together with duct tape, or become hard to refactor.
Our 5-part "Become a Drupal Architect" series is designed to take the intermediate module developer to the next level. We want you to think higher level than code - it's time to think like an architect. This class is part 1 of the 5-part series, and it is focused on "Performance & Scalability".
Who is this for?
- Entry to mid-level Drupal developers looking to make better long-term architectural decisions
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable building Drupal 8 websites
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable with PHP
- Drupal developers who are already fairly comfortable with Object Oriented programming
What You'll Learn
- Understand & configure Drupal Cache API
- Understand Drupal core caching, Varnish caching, CDN caching, and how to work with each
- Cookies - the less yummy kind, but can be just as fun. Learn when and how to properly work with browser cookies
- Determine when to implement client-side and when to implement server-side, and the implications of each
- Learn how to perform thousands of operations at once without taking your site down
- Learn your options for processing 100,000 items in the background
- Wrap your head around Drupal and non-Drupal cron and cron jobs
A Better Way To Learn
Previous graduates built debugacademy.com, debugsociety.com, and more live websites!
Our personalized approach to teaching allows us to cater to individual student strengths and interests. Students are part of a real development team working on real projects. You'll even leave with a working portfolio and applied experience on a software project led by a senior developer.
Meet Your Instructor
At Debug Academy, we make sure we've got the right to give you the best education possible. Our instructors are renowned experts who lead with empathy to ensure a quality learning experience for everyone.
Ashraf Abed is a certified Drupal 7 & 8 Grand Master, and a former Technical Architect at Acquia. He is involved in numerous enterprise development projects and has been fortunate enough to experience working as the lead developer on websites like Whitehouse.Gov and other prominent Drupal websites. Teaching is his passion.
Jack Garratt was a historian and an educator who earned his PHD before switching careers to Drupal development. He enrolled in Debug Academy's career-changing Drupal development course and has gone on to attain both of the Acquia Certified Front End Specialist and Acquia Certified Developer certifications.
Take the Next Step!
Let us know that you're interested in this course. We'll reach out to you and other interested individuals with next steps!