$300Payment plans available
Let's be honest: sometimes there are 4 ways to do anything in Drupal, and 3 of them are best practices depending on circumstances. Pick the wrong path and you might still build a functional website.. for now. 6 months later you may find that architectural decisions are coming back to hurt you - your site may have slowed down, crashed, feel like it is held together with duct tape, or become hard to refactor.
Our 5-part "Become a Drupal Architect" series is designed to take the intermediate module developer to the next level. We want you to think higher level than code - it's time to think like an architect. This class is part 2 of the 5-part series, and it is focused on "Writing maintainable, long-lasting code".
Who is this for?
- Entry to mid-level Drupal developers looking to make better long-term architectural decisions
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable building Drupal 8 websites
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable with PHP
- Drupal developers who are already fairly comfortable with Object Oriented programming
What You'll Learn
- Write forward-thinking code which is easier to maintain
- Minimize the creation of technical debt
- Get the most out of writing OOP code
- Abstract away implementation details for easy-to-refactor code
- Dependency injection, services, plugins: when & why?
- Learn best practices
- Automate simpler code quality checks
A Better Way To Learn
Previous graduates built debugacademy.com, debugsociety.com, and more live websites!
Our personalized approach to teaching allows us to cater to individual student strengths and interests. Students are part of a real development team working on real projects. You'll even leave with a working portfolio and applied experience on a software project led by a senior developer.
Meet The Instructor(s)
At Debug Academy, we make sure we've got the right people in the room to get you the best education possible. Our instructors are screened, evaluated and skill-tested to ensure a quality learning experience for everyone.
Ashraf Abed is a certified Drupal 7 & 8 Grand Master, and a former Technical Architect at Acquia. He is involved in numerous enterprise development projects and has been fortunate enough to experience working as the lead developer on websites like Whitehouse.Gov and other prominent Drupal websites. Teaching is his passion.
Learn more about what is taught and what others have gained by participating in this course.