Let's be honest: sometimes there are 4 ways to do anything in Drupal, and 3 of them are best practice depending on circumstances. Pick the wrong path and you might still build a functional website.. for now. 6 months later you may find that architectural decisions are coming back to hurt you - your site may have slowed down, crashed, feel like it is held together with duct tape, or become hard to refactor.
Our 4-part "Become a Drupal Architect" serious is designed to take the intermediate module developer to the next level. We want you to think higher level than code - it's time to think like an architect. This class is part 3 of the 4-part series, and it is focused on "Data & Information Architecture"
Who is this for?
- Entry to mid-level Drupal developers looking to make better long-term architectural decisions
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable building Drupal 8 websites
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable with PHP
- Drupal developers who are already fairly comfortable with Object Oriented programming
What You'll Learn
- Choosing between paragraphs module, block types, entity types, custom field types, & more!
- Implications of layout builder, block types, and more on data modeling decisions
- When to use a content type or a custom entity type
- When and why to create custom base fields on your custom entity types
- You can't always know: how to code knowing that your data model that may change in the future
- Deploying content to prod: Configuration, exporting content to code, something else?
A Better Way To Learn
Previous graduates built debugacademy.com, debugsociety.com, and more live websites!
Our personalized approach to teaching allows us to cater to individual student strengths and interests. Students are part of a real development team working on real projects. You'll even leave with a working portfolio and applied experience on a software project led by a senior developer.
Meet The Instructor(s)
At Debug Academy, we make sure we've got the right people in the room to get you the best education possible. Our instructors are screened, evaluated and skill-tested to ensure a quality learning experience for everyone.
Ashraf Abed is a certified Drupal 7 & 8 Grand Master, and a former Technical Architect at Acquia. He is involved in numerous enterprise development projects and has been fortunate enough to experience working as the lead developer on websites like Whitehouse.Gov and other prominent Drupal websites. Teaching is his passion.
Jack Garratt was a historian and an educator who earned his PHD before switching careers to Drupal development. He enrolled in Debug Academy's career-changing Drupal development course and has gone on to attain both of the Acquia Certified Front End Specialist and Acquia Certified Developer certifications.
Sign up now!
Take the next step in your career by joining other like-minded individuals in participating in this class.