$400Payment plans available
This course teaches advanced Drupal 8 module development using Object Oriented Programming in PHP. We cover what you need to know about Object Oriented Programming and how to apply advanced programming principles in Drupal 8. Through hands-on exercises, students will build a non-trivial Drupal 8 module utilizing OOP principles and newer, advanced techniques including Services & Service Collectors, Dependency Injection, custom Plugins, events, and more.
If you’re an experienced Drupal 7 module developer, the basics of Drupal 8 module development probably look pretty familiar. If you’re looking to advance to the next level in Drupal 8 module development, however, you’ll need to pick up object-oriented programming and delve into the new functionality in Drupal 8 that OOP produces.
Advanced Module Development with OOP addresses that need. This course teaches object oriented programming principles in the context of hands-on advanced module development. You’ll learn OOP concepts and their practical use as we develop a non-trivial Drupal 8 module.
This class is designed for:
Developers matching at least one of these:
- People very comfortable writing PHP code (non-OOP is OK)
- People comfortable creating Drupal 7 modules (using PHP)
- People who have created basic Drupal 8 modules
What You'll Learn
- Explore the major concepts of Object Oriented Programming at an accelerated pace suitable for experienced PHP developers
- Become comfortable with the differences (and pros and cons) of Hooks vs Events
- Build reusable/swappable functionality using Drupal 8 Services and Service Collectors
- Utilize Dependency Injection to let the infrastructure provide system objects more efficiently
- Utilize the Plugin system to expose swappable user-facing functionality
- Learn how thousands of videos (new & existing) are auto-tagged on Drupal.tv (the module we're creating will be used there!)
A Better Way To Learn
Previous graduates built debugacademy.com, debugsociety.com, and more live websites!
Our personalized approach to teaching allows us to cater to individual student strengths and interests. Students are part of a real development team working on real projects. You'll even leave with a working portfolio and applied experience on a software project led by a senior developer.
Meet Your Instructor
At Debug Academy, we make sure we've got the right to give you the best education possible. Our instructors are renowned experts who lead with empathy to ensure a quality learning experience for everyone.
Ashraf Abed is a certified Drupal 7 & 8 Grand Master, and a former Technical Architect at Acquia. He is involved in numerous enterprise development projects and has been fortunate enough to experience working as the lead developer on websites like Whitehouse.Gov and other prominent Drupal websites. Teaching is his passion.
Jack Garratt was a historian and an educator who earned his PHD before switching careers to Drupal development. He enrolled in Debug Academy's career-changing Drupal development course and has gone on to attain both of the Acquia Certified Front End Specialist and Acquia Certified Developer certifications.
Take the Next Step!
Let us know that you're interested in this course. We'll reach out to you and other interested individuals with next steps!